REFLECT on the theme. CREATE art. BE RECOGNIZED!
The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
Students, this is your chance to express who you are as an individual through art and have your art considered for awards at a local, regional, state and national level.
The Reflections theme for the 2017-18 school year is:
Reflect on the theme and create an original work of art expressing that theme through one or more of the following categories:
Submit the completed entry form along with your artwork to the SES front office. The deadline for submissions is THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12.
RULES (En Español)
Important: Please read the RULES for the category you are interested in. Submissions will be disqualified if they do not meet the necessary requirements. You can enter as many times as you want in as many categories as you would like. The Special Artist division (SA rules)(En Español) includes entry in all 6 categories.
For inspiration, visit the national PTA award-winning Art Gallery.
Questions? Contact Shannon McGhee at (404) 271-0570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Shannon McGhee
404-271-0570 or email@example.com
General Entry Requirements
All participants must also follow Arts Category and Division Rules.
● Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the 2017-2018 theme: “Within Reach”may be submitted.
● Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work. Because the program is designed to encourage and recognize each student’s individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed except in the Special Artist Division. Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry. Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only. See the specific Arts Category Rules for details.
● Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least one sentence, but may not exceed 100 words.
● Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for recorded music in dance choreography and film production entries. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Use of PowerPoint presentations are prohibited because most graphic elements are copyrighted.
● Special Artist Division- Student Eligibility. The National PTA Special Artist Division is an option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or Section 504 to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program. The Special Artist Division offers modified rules and guidelines to ensure that every student has the chance to be part of the National PTA Reflections® program.
Who qualifies as a disabled individual under the law? The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines an individual with a disability as a person who: (1) Has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of that person; (2) Has a record of such an impairment; or (3) Is regarded as having such impairment.